You sit on the street corners waiting to feed the masses of hungry people that are about to arrive. They’re ready to stand – hungry (sometimes in the rain and a long line) for their turn to get one of your niche foods. Food trucks are all the rage right now in large cities and small towns. As a chef on wheels, you take your craft and turn out delicious delicacies often moving locations from day to day. While a food truck my not be a traditional restaurant, there are still local, state and federal standards to abide as well as insurance to purchase. If you are thinking of branching out into the food truck marketplace, we breakdown the food truck insurance you might need in Alaska.
Food Truck Insurance coverages available in Alaska:
- Commercial Auto – Insurance to cover your kitchen on wheels. Both collision and comprehensive coverage is available as well as liability coverage.
- Business Interruption Coverage: Coverage in the event you vehicles are out of order.
- General Liability: Coverage for negligent or accidental damages.
- Spoilage Coverage: In the event your refrigeration goes out and spoils your food or drink.
- Inland Marine: Covers your portable equipment like generators, computers (iPads) as well as property in your care temporarily like traveling art.
- Business Umbrella Insurance: Above and beyond insurance protection for your business.
Additional coverage is available too. Ask your agent about:
- Comprehensive General Liability
- Property Coverage for Buildings and Contents
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Employee Practices Liability
- & more!
You’ve sacrificed a lot to create and invest so much into your food truck business. Let the insurance professionals at Alaska Service Agency protect it with an insurance policy just for food trucks! Coverage varies so it is best to speak to a knowledgeable insurance agent about your options. Call us at: 907-337-2311 or, request a quote online for food truck insurance in Alaska.